Friday, May 9, 2014

5 thing Friday - keeping track of: mom's cholesterol, work, Bubbie, breakfast, and totebag

I read the lab results for my blood donations in reverse order.  Turns out my cholesterol is going UP, not DOWN.  Apparently, delish lunches like this need to be less common:
Turkey and gouda on Hawaiian roll with mayo and avocado.  I skipped the chips.  I'm thinking I could have skipped the mayo and chosen a whole grain bread, too.  Dammit, it was so good.  Time to get back into some healthier habits. 
 I moved my office into the kitchen for a few days so I could leave the backdoor open and use natural light.  It doesn't mean I have less crap to work on but my surroundings are more pleasant.  Especially since mornings have been cool and beautiful.
Bubbie ordered a knife sharpener kit and a special stand to use it with.  Here he is sharpening his scout knife.   Should I be concerned about this?  My gut feeling tells me No.  Unlike Adam's mother, I am not letting him shut himself into a dark room with violent video games, nor am I purchasing him firearms and driving him to shooting practice.  God rest her soul, she was dealt a hard hand. But it's hard not to feel some anger towards her methods of mothering.  How much of that could have been prevented?  I don't know.  And I'm not a perfect mom, either.  I will keep close tabs on this one, even so.  And pray every day that I am doing the right job for each one of my peeps.
A hot breakfast beats poptarts or cold cereal any day.  Even on days I leave before they do I  can get up a few minutes early to make it happen.  They can re-heat it in the microwave if they want to.  And they don't eat lunch before 2 p.m, at school, so a good breakfast for teenagers is kinda necessary. 
My tote bag last week looked like it was carrying more than it's fair share of the workload.  I had forms to copy and mail, scrubs to return, and the annual ladder notebook to work on.  How can moms get anything done without a good, sturdy tote bag?
Happy Mother's Day Weekend!




No comments: