Monday, February 11, 2013

Mealplan Monday #47 and Fruit Cocktail Cake

As promised I am including the recipe for Fruit Cocktail Cake.  The first cake I learned to make by myself! I was probably 14 or so...my mother claims she doesn't remember this cake, but I remember making it in high school and college.
 Oh yum, yum, yum...especially when warm!
Fruit Cocktail Cake

1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 can fruit cocktail (in juice, undrained)
(and I also put 1/2 shredded coconut, just because I had it)
and
1 T butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 t vanilla
 Heat the oven to 400, and spray Pam in a 13x9 baking dish.  Mix together sugar, flour, baking soda, vanilla, eggs, and fruit cocktail.
If your batter is too stiff to spread in a 13x9 pan, add a bit of water.  Bake for 35 minutes.
While it cools a bit, mix the butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth.  poke a few holes in the cake and pour this over the top.  Go find something to do while it cools!
******
Monday - Salsa Chicken, rice, Pico de gallo
Tuesday - Mediterranean Pork Chops, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday - Omelettes, biscuits
Thursday - Freezer dinner for the boys, Mom and Dad out
Friday - Beef Lo Mein with rice and crunchy noodles, carrots
Saturday - Dad grill (fish?)
Sunday - BBQ chicken (in the crock) for sammies, chips, pickles, etc.
******
 I'm going to make some valentine's treats for my peeps this week - still perusing the blogs and Pinterest for ideas...

 



No comments: