Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Unstuffed Pepper Casserole


This was a very easy and filling dish!  Kudos to Kraft.  I get a lot of good recipes from their website. 
 Unstuffed Pepper Casserole


1 lb.  lean ground beef  (I used Italian Sausage)
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
3 cloves  garlic, minced
2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
1 jar  (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce (I like Newman's Own)
1-1/2 cups  KRAFT Shredded Italian* Five Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Brown the meat with peppers and garlic in large skillet; drain.   
Stir in rice, spaghetti sauce and 3/4 cup cheese.

Spoon  into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese.
Bake 25 min. or until heated through.
 Wow.  Look at all that cheese!
I served with a salad made of spinach, mushrooms, and olives and it all disappeared. 
Like magic! I will  be making this one again.




Shared with:

No comments: