Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day was smokin'

My hubby, Mr. Social Chairman, put together an impromptu BBQ on Monday at our house.  We invited the neighbors to come load up the smoker with meat, ran it all day, then everyone brought a side dish to share.  It was fun and the food was delicious!
The men cut up the meat while the women relaxed and
waited for ribs and brisket...my kind of BBQ!
We had some excellent beans in the crock pot, coleslaw, macaroni salad, adult beverages...and my hubby's specialty, which I didn't get a picture of - Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler.  It was breezy and pleasant and a really nice way to send off Summer and look forward to Fall.  The kids ran around, the Girl was home from college, relaxing...just a nice afternoon.
I'm thinkin' we're gonna have to do that again real soon!  

No comments: