Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Penne Pasta Casserole

I took some liberties with this recipe that came out of a magazine - but it's so basic you don't really need a recipe, just a method - boil pasta, make sauce, toss with cheese, bake.  Here's the scoop:
(Can you tell I shopped at Wally World this week?)  Diced tomatoes, tomato paste, penne pasta, mozzarella, onion, and Italian seasoned ground turkey
To this you could also add parsley, oregano, basil, garlic...
Chop the onion and cook with the turkey.  I added minced garlic, but that's only because I put garlic in everything I cook. Meanwhile, you should be boiling up that pasta.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1/2 c. water to the pot, simmer it a few minutes while you finish up boiling and draining the pasta.
I also added fresh parsley - I just happened to have it and it smells really nice!  
Toss the drained pasta into the sauce with 2 cups of the grated mozzarella.  make one big dish, or divide into two dishes so you can freeze one.  Lately, I've had a glut of leftovers, so tonight I divided it  into two dishes. Top with more cheese.   Heat at 350 for 25 minutes while you fix garlic toast and a veggie.

Good leftover, too!




No comments: