Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Meet Darby

We picked up our new baby, Darby, {aka Winnebago Travato} last weekend.
Its been raining for what seems like forever here, so it was hard to get a good pic of her when we first bought her.  All the credit of finding her goes to Hubby who has been on the hunt for a travel van for what seems like the last two years.  She is 4 years old and has less than 20,000 miles on her.   She was kept under cover so she is pristine.  The previous owners upgraded her here and there, and she was very gently used.
She takes up most of one side of the driveway and attracted the attention of our neighbors fairly soon after she arrived.  We spent a day, freshening her up and adding on that cargo rack.
Come on in!
She has a nice roomy cab.  All business in the front, party in the back.
(couldn't help myself)
She has the same size cooktop as Mabel, pretty much, but a larger sink, combo microwave/convection oven, and a good size fridge/freezer.
Her bunks are very comfy.  I want to protect the cushion covers, so I  will likely make roll-up mattress pads with sheets, but I'm still working on that design...For now, the blankets are stored in Hubby's overhead compartments; miscellany and cookware on my side.
I bought Hubby a travel journal and some info on Texas state parks, which he has yet to find on his bunk. 
YES.  No more pee funnel or squatty potty.
(Also, do you see my trash can out on the curb?)
I'm going to add another shower curtain so we will have full coverage back here - its a small space but the curtain rod wraps all the way around, held by clips.
She has lots of storage.
I think we will be very comfortable in her.  We can both stand up!
Did I mention all of the storage?  We managed to fit just about all of the stuff we pulled out of Mabel, but admittedly, some of it is not needed.  Live simply is our motto going forward.
Three "silvers"!
For a minute there, I was sad to have lost so much space in our driveway.  Her home base will be Camp Rustown so we can easily jump into her, get on the road,  and slip into the night...
First trip is a mini-excursion to Fredericksberg for a wine club pick-up this weekend!  Fun times ahead, ya'll.


Gina

3 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

What a beauty! I am so excited for you. Won’t it be nice to head out on new adventures this year? I can’t wait to read about everything.

Kim said...

Wow! Congratulations, Darby looks lovely. And btw, is that silver Ridgeline I spy in the driveway? We have one, it's our second actually, my husband is obsessed.

Carol said...

How exciting!!! Lots of fun adventures ahead!!