Friday, June 11, 2021

5 thing Friday - dinner prep, Wal-Mart, Mexican breakfast, silver foxes, beer

In reverse order, because that's what Blogger wanted and I was too tired to argue...
Mostly easy suppers this week!  Tuesday's was salmon with lemon pepper and garlic, two twice bakeds, skillet roasted green beans and purple onion.  DEE-lish. {here it is prepped, ready to cook}
Shopping at Wal-Mart was AMAZING last week, I couldn't believe it.  OK, so I went at 8 a.m., BUT.  The store was clean, uncrowded, no masks required, and I found everything I needed.
It is my least favorite store but that may change.
Mexican breakfasts on Saturdays are what I live for.
This very basic breakfast of eggs with machacado, beans, potatoes, and homemade hot sauce and tortillas was enjoyed at the Palms Restaurant in Seguin.  They were reasonable and very friendly, too.
Happy Hour the night before at Blackstar Co-op.  We got chased inside by the rain.  {remember: we are going backwards in time}
I was trying to very covertly point out this couple to my husband - the woman was my age, but in much trimmer shape, long gorgeous silver hair, a full sleeve tattoo, and was tearing into a cheese burger.
This woman is at least #hairgoals.
Have you ever enjoyed tomato jam?  It was on our cheese plate - so good.
Another day, another brewery.  This one on Sunday.  Wait.  
This is throwing my timeline off.
They had an upright herb garden made out of pallets which I thought was genius.
We enjoyed some loaded fries and some cold beers after working on Darby all day.  The manager of the food truck came out to ask what we thought of the food, and for my honest review of her amazing fresh tomatillo sauce, she bought me another beer.
And with that, poof!, the weekend was over.


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Mexican breakfast? Next time you have that, take a picture. That sounds incredibly delicious to me. In fact, I want Mexican breakfast now!