Friday, October 23, 2020

How yesterday went

On Wednesday evening Hubby informed me that Bubbie had "sprained his wrist".  It was hurting, bruised, and very swollen.  Nope that doesn't sound right.  {Incidentally, he had fallen off his skateboard about 10 minutes after we had hung up about a completely different problem he was having with buying groceries after paying a huge utility bill.}
Some idiot helpful person at our insurance company told us that not only could he not go to the student health center on campus, because of our insurance, which of course was false, but then sent us a referral list of Internal Medicine and Cardiology docs for him to call to make an appointment.  For a wrist injury.  Again, nope.
After I called him the next morning and learned that his wrist was hurting more, I drove down to San Marcos, scooped him up, and took him to the hospital ER in Kyle.  Six x-rays later we got the expected answer: fractured bone in his wrist.  I'm not really complaining - it was less than a 3 hour ER visit and he is splinted now, with instructions to follow up with a great hand and wrist doc who regularly works at the hospital I work at.  So its all good.  And I know its only a small hiccup in life.  But it seemed bigger to me as I drove home to Austin, so many a tear was shed.  I can keep my composure and perspective with Bubbie, but I still feel for him.
Hopefully today will be better than yesterday.


Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

Insurance companies...grrrr. Unbelievable, isn't it? I'm so sorry there was such a run around to get him the proper care. Mama to the rescue!