Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Chicken and Biscuits

One of the perks of the Empty Nest is that I only cook for two people and we get to have exactly what we want.  This week called for comfort food.  Why?
*it has turned colder
*The Girl hurt herself and cannot visit
*I am taking Bubbie to an ortho doc to look at his wrist 
*I'm working late on Thursday
*I am driving to Brenham on Friday
*Scout's birthday is on Saturday and he is still "socially distancing" from all of us
Sounds like a perfect time to bake up some delicious.  I kind of made this one up as I went along.
******
Chicken and Biscuits
2 C. shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 c. homemade chicken stock
1 can cream of chicken soup
salt, pepper, dash of poultry seasoning
Splash of heavy cream
1 can french-fried onions
frozen biscuits
I mixed up everything but the biscuits and poured it into a buttered casserole dish.  Topped it with frozen biscuits and set it into the fridge while I ran off to my happy little day job.  Around 7 p.m., Hubby popped it into the oven, set oven temp to 350, cook timer to 30 minutes, and heated up a veggie to go with.
******
It was so good I had to put the leftovers away as soon as we ate so we wouldn't finish the whole thing!  
What are your favorite comfort foods in time of stress?


Gina

Shared with:
Full Plate Thursday



1 comment:

annies home said...

oh so yummy placing it on my next menu thanks for sharing
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com