Friday, July 3, 2020

Intentional time off

I got an email from my employer a couple of weeks ago, noting how many hours of PTO I had in my bank and reminding me that you can't pour from an empty cup.  So take some intentional time off and re-charge! {after all, I guess it would be bad if their employees started showing signs of burn-out..}
So, I filled out my PTO slips right away.  I mean, who doesn't want paid time off to stay at home and do nothing?  Turns out that one of the days I asked for is the one that The Girl would be coming for the weekend. {here she and Teddy are, playing on the floor of the office as I sneakily type}
 And also the one that Bubbie would choose to come home for the weekend.  Which called for a celebration: lunch at Pinthouse Pizza and a beer run to the Growler Room.  And after naps there will be cards and beer drinking.  And I will fix my peeps a homemade meal.  Then tomorrow, Firstborn and LA will join us for grilled hotdogs and more beer and more cards.  And Sunday will likely entail drinking wine under shady oaks near Highlands. 
Far from work.
Just filling my cup up as we head into another crazy month of the 'rona.


Gina

No comments: