Friday, July 24, 2020

5 thing Friday - car repair, grout, owls, fig tree, frame

Its been a week.  And by that, I mean its been a craptastic week.  I know, I know.  This is a family-friendly blog so I will try to keep the complaining down.  So, ok...how about a bad/good kind of 5 thing Friday?
Bad:  I waited for three hours at the Subaru dealership in a SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT slot for work to be done on my car, only to told they had "just looked at it" at the bottom of the 3rd hour.  I might have been less than friendly when they finally called me over to discuss repair costs and other bull$hit.

Good:  I got to sit for three hours, reading a book my mother gave me and they have a free cappuchino bar.  Hubby gave me a ride to work and took me through the McDonald's drive-thru for breakfast on the way.  Plus, the car's A/C got repaired HALLELUYAH.
Bad:  The grout in the kitchen is looking fairly groddy and I know that it will take many hours and elbow grease to make it look better and I am sooo tired of these kinds of projects that I have so little free time for.

Good:  So far, it looks like the grout pen I bought is the way to go.  The grout lines look much improved.  I'm going to work on it little by little until it is done.
 I know this picture doesn't show much, but having all of the grout lines be the same color is pretty great.
Bad:  We still haven't built the owl house.  And according to my mother, the owls will eventually disperse since she says owls don't all roost together.

Good:  The owls are still hanging around!  I go out every evening and tell them how adorable they are and ask them to continue staying.
Bad:   The fig tree gave up, even though I was diligently watering the heck out of it.  What remaining figs there were probably got eaten by critters and 99% of the leaves fell off.  The 100 degree heat is to blame as this particular type of fig tree doesn't do well in extreme summer heat.

Good:  Your'e welcome, birds.  The sprinkler system is on and we have rain in the forecast so at least I don't need to haul the hose over to water it.
Bad:  I didn't have any business buying junk at the thrift store -  I basically only needed to buy a side table for Hubby to put his coffee cup on in the morning.  And I saw this frame and could not put it down. It just appealed to me for some reason.  But truly, we could lose about 99% of the junk we currently own and I don't need to bring home more doo dads.

Good:  I found this tiny pic of Hubby and me from maybe Christmas of 2000 in my jewelry box.  (I was cleaning and organizing my joory) Instead of a snarky cross stitch I put in this pic.  A reminder of different times for us and a sweet something for my desk.

Happy Weekend,


Gina

No comments: