Friday, October 5, 2018

A great day for...

A happy anniversary to us!

So young.  So dumb.  So thin. So tan.  But...
So sure of ourselves then, yet maybe a little more so now.

****** 
So swiftly have the years sped by
      Since our hearts were young and gay,
      That it is hard to realize,
      Even though our hair is gray,
That it was fifty 33 years ago
      When we took that sacred vow
      To cherish and love each other;
      And we have from then till now!
Happiness and pain and sorrow
      Were our portions through the years
      That we two have lived together;
      But love helped to dry all tears.
And my heart gives me this message,
      Knowing all that I know now,
      If the clock could be turned backward,
      I'd still take that holy vow!
~Gertrude Buckingham
*****




3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!! Were you on a cruise? I recognize the photo styling...

Simply LKJ said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Young, dumb, thin, tan, I remember those days. This is a darling picture of the two of you. Happy anniversary!