Friday, December 22, 2017

Things to be merry about!

In the midst of all the craziness that surrounds getting ready for the holidays, Hubby and I have managed to have some fun time.  And although there has also been the hustle of getting everything done on time, worry over bills, and health and family concerns, I am choosing to find the happy in the season today, so that I don't lose sight of what is important and get bogged down and stressed out.
I work a full day today, after an exhausting day yesterday, but it's FRIDAY!  I have my To DO list all ready for the day and it looks totally doable.  So, here's my list of Happy for today:
*All of the presents are bought, wrapped and ready to go under the tree tomorrow.  And I only have a couple of errands after work and they are quick ones.
*The menus are made, the food bought and stored, and I have a bacon quiche in the oven for dinner.
*It's payday and we are all caught up on bills, Hubby got a bonus, even!
*The Girl, and Scout and Dutch, will all be here to enjoy the weekend which will include liberal amounts of good wine and card playing and delicious food.
*All of the laundry and ironing are caught up.  The house is clean, Christmas-y, and beautiful.
*I got to have a very nice lunch with my mother yesterday and take her some new flannel sheets and a safer bath rug, as well as vacuum and sweep her downstairs, move some plants inside.
******
I guess I could keep listing - it's a great exercise in perspective.  The point is, we are almost there - Christmas Day -  and I can take a moment to live in the moment and enjoy the weekend - and so can you!  
Merry Christmas from the Cannary Family! 



3 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Love your outlook sweet friend. I always fret that it won't all get "done", but every year it always does (or at least the things that matter get done).

Wishing you and the family a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas together!

Kim said...

Enjoy! It sounds like you've got it all under control. Merry Christmas!!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I think we all tend to put way too much pressure on ourselves for the holiday season, and I'm not quite sure why we do this. I was on my feet for nine hours on the 23rd, only to have snowfall on the 24th, causing a severe cutback in the number of participants. It turned out to be different than I expected, but quiet and wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and treat yourself well in the new year.