Monday, October 31, 2016

What the week holds, and Happy 21st birthday, Scout!

Today is Scout's 21st birthday.
He was born just after midnight on the 31st  - I pretty much spent the entirety of Oct. 30th in labor.  My sister Maggie and her daughter Amber came over to the house early in the day.  We made tater tots in the oven and Amber rubbed my feet.  Labor slowed.  We decided to go eat lunch at a place on North Lamar called EZ's Diner where we had gigantic lunches and a Bluebell ice cream hot fudge sundae.  Labor stopped, then started.  We went to the hospital and I was monitored for a while.  Scout was late but no one was worried since he was Baby #3.  Labor stopped again.  We finally gave up on him appearing that night and as we finished up dinner around 9:30 (I was all about eating during labor), contractions started up again.  Maggie met us at the hospital and stayed with us until Scout arrived - all 9 and a half pounds of him.  
Scout was definitely a labor of love - I worked full-time and already had a four year old and an almost 6 year old.  I had just begun a new job, we were climbing out of debt and hard times, and life was slowly on the upswing.  He was like a reward of blue skies after the storm.  He is a gentle, kind, and loving son and I am thankful each day that Hubby and I took a chance on the future during those stressful and uncertain times.  He is a blessing to us, as they all are - the best thing about our life together.
******
This week we will order pizza in and hand out candy to Trick-or-Treaters, I will see the PT on Wednesday and the dentist on Thursday.  Then Friday we will attend the last football game of the season and get ready for the Bands of American competition this weekend.  In other words...business as usual around here.  
What's on tap for your week?


Gina


No comments: