Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Lime Shredded Pork Tacos

Last year I found a wonderful crock pot recipe for boneless pork (or carnitas) to make into tacos.  I included it in a round of freezer meals and it was a big hit!
I placed it frozen, into my crock pot, then headed to Brenham for the day.  This afternoon when I got home the house smelled wonderful.  I picked up some tortillas, cheese, avocados, and pre-made pico from the store and we are going to feast on tacos!  Is there any better way to use the crock pot?  I think not!
******
Lime Shredded Pork for tacos
2# boneless pork ribs, country style, trimmed of fat
the juice of two limes
1 T honey
1/2 t. smoked paprika
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
Cook on low in crock pot 6-8 hours.
******
It's been a long day, otherwise I would show you the tacos we devoured...you'll have to use your imagination and just take my word for it, they were soooo good! I really love my crock pot and every now and then I am reminded of exactly why.  Now to lay in my bed with some new magazines...


Gina



No comments: