Monday, May 16, 2016

What the week holds: more travel and a magnetic dish

Years ago, I saw a Good Things idea in a MS magazine about gluing a strong magnet on the bottom of a pretty dish to make a place to put pins while you are sewing.  I have this china saucer from forever ago - I think it belonged to my grandmother, who gave it with a tea set to my mother.  I could be wrong about that - but I seem to remember there being tea cups involved!  
Pretty!
I'm not too sure about whether it matters, but it is a real piece of china.  Pretty thin, but if your magnet is strong enough, it should work with regular old glass or porcelain.
I bought two magnets for about $2 and some E6000 glue to keep with my crafting supplies.  Might have to make one for Hubby's desk to hold paperclips - of course he won't get the fancy schmancy china.  (:
The E6000 glue says to let it cure for at least 72 hours so I glued it on Friday and set it by my machine.  I need a new sewing project for this week, so I'm sure it will be put to good use!  Hubby is traveling and Bubbie is under the weather.  It's rainy and dreary out but life goes on...sewing and reading in my spare time will help soften the edges.  What does your week look like?




No comments: