Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day 2016 re-cap

Another Mother's Day has come and gone...
This would be my 26th Mother's Day, and a very nice one, if I do say so!  The Girl didn't make it home, but she did send me a nifty Columbia shirt - so comfy on my skin after the sunburn I got the previous Sunday...she made me send her a selfie so she could be assured it fit.  I love it - super comfy and it will get worn often!
 At work we noshed on fruit with cream cheese dip, sausage and biscuit bake, fudge-dipped oreos,
 and cinnamon rolls.  I feel not one bit guilty. It was fairly busy and we went without lunches, so it was a good thing we were prepared!
We even exchanged sussies:
One of the ladies brought us miniature rose bushes and chocolate covered strawberries.  Fun!
I brought patchwork hot pads and a photo card from my favorite photographer, plus the recipe for the sausage biscuit casserole.  It was actually a very nice day at work - I will miss our trio when one of the ladies goes to a different shift.  Change is hard.
That evening, Hubby had a nice dinner ready - Salisbury Steaks with sauteed mushrooms and onions, broccoli, and kale chopped salad, with a nice bottle of wine.  Dessert was Peanut Butter Cup frozen yogurt.  All of my "boys" {Hubby included} and I ate together and there was lots of table entertainment...
I believe they are practicing their fancy table manners here,
 but I could be wrong.
 They are very silly, but it was nice to have a sit down dinner together.  I should have gotten a pic of me with them, but I just didn't think about it at the end of the day!
What about you?  
Did you have a good Mother's Day?  I can't believe how fast this year is going!




1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

So glad you had a great day. The menu sounded delicious!! We spent the day driving 14 hours home from MI, after visiting my MIL for a few days.