Friday, February 5, 2016

Dinner on the fly from what we already had!

{It's a good this is not a monetized blog, what with all of my terrible phone photos...I have the best of intentions, though!}
On a recent weeknight, I scrounged around for a frugal meal, instead of the Chinese take out I was craving.  I found a forgotten butternut squash which I peeled and cut up, to cook in some butter and olive oil...
...some grape tomatoes almost past their prime, and an onion - which I sauteed together.
And, some tilapia, which thawed out in a flash.  I seasoned it, then coated in panko and cooked in a little olive oil, served with the squash and onion/tomato mix on the side and it was SO GOOD.  Perhaps I should do "dinner on the fly" more often...




1 comment:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Look like you "threw" together a great meal!!