Friday, February 12, 2016

5 thing Friday - Hubby, Nothing Bundt Cakes, hearts, stitchin', lampshade fix

Hubby is once again my age.  To celebrate his new membership in the Double Nickel Club, we had dinner and drinks here.  I have to say, it was not a frugal evening...we had wine, fresh oysters, Trout Almondine, Grilled Shark, fresh bread, and a brownie topped with ice cream and fudge sauce.  They printed a menu especially for him that said Happy Birthday on it.  The service and food were superb!  Afterwards, we headed over to Whole Foods to buy more wine (because of course), then home to have pecan pie and gifts. 

Hubby loves him a Manhattan.  We also made plans for Valentine's Day!
The Girl sent him a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!  I would venture to say he had a great birthday.
I don't usually decorate for Hallmark holidays, but I found a sweet heart shaped grapevine wreath and thought "why not?".  I added in some greenery and those glittery heart picks from years ago.
I think I bought them at the Target Dollar Spot. 
They are a simple way to add a little love.
Something I stitched for Scout.  He used to say this a lot.
 Wonky lamp problem.  Ever since I switched out the shade, and it makes me batty.
 I wrapped a rubber band around the base, to act as a gasket.
Wah- La.  Lampshade in place.  Mischief managed.
Oh, I also bought some new pillows for the den's couch - a fun geo print in rust - perfect.





No comments: