Friday, February 26, 2016

Freezer Meals #15

We have finally cycled through most of the leftover holiday food in the freezer, I kid you not.  I think we might have one more smoked chicken in there, and some turkey stock, but that will be easily used before it gets too warm to enjoy soup.  So on a recent morning I went thru my recipes, fridge, and pantry to came up with several meals for Mondays ahead.
 {Oy, Monday.  Why you so hard to deal with?}  
A quiet house with your coffee cup and a cinnamon candle...ahhh...
Cranberry Pork Roast
I put a three pound pork roast in a gallon zip loc bag, then mixed a package of onion soup mix with  a cup and a half of cranberry sauce (from Thanksgiving!) and poured it over.  I will cook this on low, in the crockpot, for 6-8 hours.

Korean Beef Tacos
Go here for the recipe - so good!  This one is becoming a family favorite.

Hearty Beef Stew and Savory Herb Chicken - these are both Crock Pot brand mixes.  They work out pretty well, but if they call for water or potatoes, I add those in right as I put them in the crock.  And yes, I put them in the crock frozen!  This method works out best for me.  Then when I get home at 3 p.m. I set the crock to warm and it will gently coast its way to done by 6:30.

BBQ Meatballs
Does anyone NOT have a recipe for these?  I was trying to use up the rest of the grape jam, some jalapeno jelly, some Thai ketchup, and some chili sauce.  So I did.  Then I poured it over the meatballs in a large zip loc bag.  I will most likely do this as a skillet meal, but it will still be easy peasy.
***I also bought an extra bag of meatballs and some spicy cajun pasta sauce for another meal!***

Chicken and Stuffing
To use up some cornbread and dry sandwich bread I made dressing.  I sauteed onion and celery with half a leftover bell pepper, added some of my freezer turkey stock, seasoned it up with rosemary, thyme, and sage, then placed boneless chicken thighs atop it.
 
 I will bake it for an hour or so - half of the time covered.  Then I will make chicken gravy and serve the very last of the cranberry sauce!  A hour well spent, all told.





No comments: