Friday, January 1, 2016

5 thing Friday - Santa sack, cheeseballs, birthday boy, junk mail, Sugar

I don't know know about you, but I, for one, am happy the holidays are drawing to a close.  They were fun at times, but also very stressful.  I am ready to wind it all down, get some projects and organizing lined up, clean my house, and get creative.  Plus, I need to get back into my regular walking and stop eating so much junk!
About the only gift I even got partially creative with was this one:  A Santa Sack filled with odds and ends for a friend from work.  I got the actual sack at The Container Store, but I could just as easily have sewn it myself.  I think I should make them for next year - they'd be cute to store things in after Christmas.
We had Cheeseball Sunday at work.  I made a French Quarter Cheeseball that was ridiculous. I took the leftovers home and it was quickly scarfed up by my peeps.  This was a definite Pinterest win!
 
We also had salami and pepperoni, dill dip, a Hawaiian style cheese ball, Cannoli Dip, veggies and crackers...all lovingly arranged under the No Food in this Area sign.  We're rebels on my shift.
 My sweet little stocking stuffer of 1998.  He turned 17 on Christmas Day.  SEVENTEEN.  How is that possible?
He makes a fun lunch buddy.
Why am I getting this stupid magazine?!  I never subscribed to it and it goes directly into the trash each month, plastic wrap and all.  It's like an annoying judgmental nudge each month from someone I don't even know.  "Sex the way you want it" sounds like Cosmo. 
One of the last pics I have of Sugar - The Girl bought her a tiny Santa hat.  In a matter of two days she went completely downhill and stopped eating and could barely walk.  We euthanized her the Monday after Christmas and it was the saddest thing I have had to do in a long time.  The vet and staff were so kind to us - a middle aged couple crying like babies, stroking our sweet kitty, telling her she did a good job here on earth. It was a somber end to a challenging year.  Maybe I will write about it in detail one day, maybe not.  And, unbelievably, we decided that maybe she isn't going to be the last cat we ever own..Better days are coming...I can feel it.
******
Happy New Year from the Cannary Family!




1 comment:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

So sorry about your sweet cat....Two year ago we had to do the same during the holidays - there were months where I would reach to my side to pet Pandora, only to be reminded she was gone. I would love another cat, but don't want the responsibility, especially the worries when we travel. I keep telling everyone I want to "cat-sit" if they know of anyone who needs a cat sitter!! Happy New Year