Friday, December 11, 2015

A recipe for a better week

It's been a rough few days at Camp Rustown.  We knew it would be - we had a lot of stuff going on.  But that's the way it is with holidays right on top of real life, right?  And there's not much we can do but keep moving forward, no matter how bummed we might feel right this minute.  The holidays are going to happen, regardless! 
So, moving forward...along with all of the other things I want to buy for Christmas gifts, I want to create some, too!  I bought The Girl a clear lucite recipe card holder similar to mine, ordered some nice dividers from Amazon, and have been filling out a few tried-and-true recipe cards for her each day from my own collection.  I kept a few blank cards out, too, so I could send her one now and again.  Most of them are very easy recipes that she can adapt to a couple of people, instead of six...
I don't want to get on the other side of the season and wish I'd had more time for this or that.  This year is much improved over last year, when I was basically homebound.  It's a blessing to be tired each day from all of my going and doing.  And juggling the finances to take care of the big things we've had going on this week has also been a blessing - after all, no money to juggle would have been far worse.  I guess it's all in how you look at it!  And next week can only be better...





Shared with:
Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios

1 comment:

Rue said...

That's such a sweet idea for a gift. I'm going to do that for Annie :) Glad your Christmas is better this year.

Happy belated Birthday to you! I'm so sorry I missed it, but I hope you enjoyed it. And I love your new converse and NO you're not too old :)

xo,
rue