Friday, February 6, 2015

SPT. What is that, exactly?

When we bought Mabel (the name we gave to the little teardrop trailer), the lady threw in a buncha other stuff.  Plastic wine glasses.  Dishes. Silverware. Port-a-potty.  Step stool.  And this SPT gizmo.   Which we had no idea what it was at first.   A countertop convection oven that can also be used as a wok.  Hubby just googled away until he found the instructions.
It was raining on his birthday, and we got out of a band concert around 6:30 pm.  Instead of braving the slippery sidewalks and a crowded restaurant we stopped by HEB to get something to cook in it.  Why not?  We have to learn to use it sooner or later.
 Hubby bought three pre-seasoned pork tenderloins and some veggies.  Did all of the prep and got it going so we could enjoy our wine.  Underneath those roasts is acorn squash, red bell pepper, garlic, onion, and carrot.  The whole house was smelling fab in just minutes.  I want to say the whole thing took an hour or so.  The meat was very tender and moist.  Big thumbs up!
 Here he is, checking out the birthday wine.
Which was also fab.
So, that oven doodad is nifty.  I'm going to have to come up with some combos of meat and veggies so we can play with it some more.  (and I may post about that when I get the hang of it myself) We also had a chocolate cream pie that was pretty wonderful.  But I still owe Hubby a dinner out for his birthday...







1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

I have never heard of one. Sounds interesting. The tenderloins look so yummy, and I am sure were great paired with that wine.