Monday, February 2, 2015

Shortcut Snickerdoodles

I like the idea of making semi-homemade.  Mostly because I am a lazy sort, but also because lately I haven't been able to do a lot of from-scratch cooking.
I happened upon some packaged Eggnog flavored cookie mix at Tarjay.  Scout said yuck, don't buy that, but I figured what the heck.  Eggnog is merely rum and nutmeg flavored.  Snickerdoodles are cinnamon sugared.  Couldn't you just combine the two?
 I mixed the dough according to the package, with an egg and a stick of butter. 
Then I rolled it into balls, rolled the balls into the leftover cinnamon sugar from the holidays, flattened, and baked at 350 for about 10 minutes.  Wow.  My Silpat and cookie sheet have seen better days!
Hot, fresh cookies for dessert.  Scout even liked them!
Do you ever gussy up packaged mixes to your family's taste?





1 comment:

Brandi said...

I bet they were really good. I love egg nog.