Monday, February 17, 2014

Mealplan Monday #98 and sewing my stash

On one our recent inclement weather days I did some sewing for the den.  See that little remote control caddy on the coffee table?  It was a Christmas gift.  Perfect since I wanted to stop using the dough bowl which was getting more wear and tear than I liked. It isn't thrifted, handmade, or upcycled - but it is handy for this table.
It's just the right size with a swivel base.  And it had that center slot that was the perfect size for some coasters.  So I made some out of my fabric stash.  Now, if I could just get the menfolk here to use them!
******
Monday - (freezer) Rosemary Chicken, rice, carrots
Tuesday - Taco Skillet, salad
Wednesday - Tilapia Tacos, cabbage slaw, black beasn
Thursday - Apple and Sage Pork Chops, masheds, peas
Friday - Sloppy Joes, chips
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Hamburger Helper (Bubbie cooks), corn
Dessert this week is a Chocolate cake with s'mores frosting and vanilla ice cream
******
No two are exactly alike, tho all of them have a natural color fabric on the back.  Go here for a short tutorial - they're really simple to make. Kinda like a tiny potholder.
Sometimes these little sewing projects help chase the boredom away on dreary days...





1 comment:

Marie said...

Super cute coasters! Love it!
Like it even better that no two are alike.