Friday, February 21, 2014

Beautiful custom greeting cards

Scout got a deal from Shutterfly for a free 100 prints.  I could not resist buying some of them from him to make my own unique greeting cards.
I bought these craft paper cards and envelopes at Michael's with a 40% off coupon.  I think the color is great as a background for the vivid prints.
Then I gathered a ruler, utility knife, glue stick, and a cutting board.
I spread the photos out before me.  Some of them will be lengthwise, some crosswise.  The cards are smaller than the prints, so they must be trimmed up a smidge.
I love all of them.
This one I also had made into a canvas print.  Its one of my favorites.
I'm biased, but I think they are so beautiful.  Scout is a gentle soul - it shows in his work.
This one he took just for me!
When I was done trimming and pasting I had quite a pile of scraps.  I hate that they had to be trimmed, but the next size card was HUGE.  These are just the right size for birthday cards, thank you's, etc.
Even the black and white ones are so lovely against the brown craft paper. 
 
On the back of each of them I wrote the name he uses for his photography:
I can't wait to use these for friends and family!




shared with:
http://hopestudios.blogspot.com/2014/03/tutorial-tuesday.html

No comments: