Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Scout's Halloween alter egos...


Originally I wanted to write a post about Halloween at Rustown through the years.  We didn't really get started on doing it up big until we moved to our second house.  After Scout arrived, Halloween seemed to take on new meaning - a holiday created just for him!  But going through the photo albums overwhelmed me - 18 years of Halloween and no digital camera left me feeling photo challenged...I just don't have time to scan them all in.  So instead, here's a little peak at Scout's Halloween birthdays over the years...
 My cuddly pumpkin learns to walk.
 Super Kid!
Batman cape plus mom-made Batman shirt with sweatpants = his favorite costume ever.
 Loving him a Ninja costume.  With black fingernails!
 Arrgh!  A pirate complete with Beanie Baby parrot sidekick - another mom-made creation...look close and you can see a skeleton earring.
A cop - apparently a crazy one - he picked this out entirely by himself from Goodwill.
 The year of the Spiderman obsession!  
He wore this costume as pj's for a couple of years...
 Another Ninja - and his brothers loved Ninjas, too, so there were hand-me-downs on different colored Ninja costumes over the years...!
The dawn of the teen years...Bleeding Scream and other gore has pretty much taken over...gone are the days of super heroes, pirates,cops and Ninjas...
We aren't planning on hanging out and handing out candy this year.  With an 18 and almost-15 year old, we plan on different activities.  I know I will miss Halloween at my house, but we have such great memories of some really fun times... 




No comments: