Friday, April 20, 2012

WTH Wednesday

OK, first off:  Don't be alarmed by the scary Halloween eye.  It feels like nothing and apparently, amounts to nothing as well.  But I managed to FUBAR my day as I had all kinds of industrious plans for whittling down my "To Do" list on my last day off until Monday. 
Maybe I'm psychic as I predicted on Monday that there would be scant time for frivolity this week...
Trust me, yes, I shrieked when I caught sight of myself in the mirror as I was preparing to move on with my happy little day after having cleaned the house and gotten a handle on the laundry.  In a panic, I called Hubby, blubbering incoherently about my bloody eye.  (Have I mentioned this has NEVER happened to me?)  I guess I've lived the Princess Life up until now.  Hubby is one of those "ultra cautious, let's hear what a real doctor has to say about this" types.  So off we went to the ER, only to be told $125 later that it was a subconjunctival hemorrage and would likely resolve on its own.  Oh, and go see an eye doc.  Today.  Aaanndd...after an hour at the eye doc and $35,  I was told there was 1. nothing I could do about it, 2. no way to keep it from happening again, and 3. It would just go away by itself in a couple of weeks.
******
But there is something I can do to ease the stress of the day and try to relax a little:
I'm not ashamed to say I ran to Walgreen's for booze.  
WTH, Wednesday?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been worried too! I sure hope you get/feel better soon! Did they mention what caused it?

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

A friend of mine had this one time and it did go away on it's own, but it wasn't fun for her at the time either! Has it gone away? Sorry to hear that you were upset and a bottle {or two} of wine is the perfect remedy! Angie xo