Friday, August 23, 2019

5 thing Friday - eating out, eating in, phone woe, fiddle leaf, Arnold

One recent Sunday Hubby and I found a fun place very close to his new office - Westwood Gastropub.  (I'm happy that Hubby's office is moving - I'm pretty sure the old building is full of mold)
 We split a basket of fish and chips that featured duck fat fries- it was definitely not on the diet plan but very delightful!
 I might have also had a mango avocado margarita.  Eating out is something we are scaling back on but every now and then it is fun to find new places to try!
Cooking for two is going to be a challenge for me - I'm just not used to it!  I made my own version of shrimp and grits for dinner one night and we enjoyed it for for lunch the next day, too.  So if I cook too much, at least we can pack up the leftovers.
I'm still reading, as per my bucket list.  How ironic is this book since Bubbie lost his phone on his second day up at Texas State?  Maybe I should send him the book when I'm done...
 
 I promise I am going to buckle down and not be so spendy with a kid in college, but I had been eyeballing this fiddle leaf fig from Pottery Barn for a while and they put it on sale and gave me free shipping.  I love the look of it in our bedroom and its high quality PLUS I can't kill it.  Winning.
THE VAN IS GONE.  All that's left is built up silt underneath it from when it rained in the spring.  Goodbye, Arnold.  You were a trusty (if not crusty) and faithful way to get four kids and their mom everywhere we needed to go.  I hope the junk dealer who picked you up will restore you and you get a few more years on the road.



1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

Can never turn up good Fish and Chips! And yes, cooking for two can be challenging. Hope you are doing well.