Friday, August 9, 2019

5 thing Friday - pizza, cooking, chairs, pie, Gina!

Hubby and I enjoyed dinner out last Friday, choosing to unwind with pizza and beer at Pinthouse, instead of eating what I had made for dinner...
Which was fine, as I packaged it up for our lunches the next next week.  So, no waste.
And totally worth the trip down North Lamar in the heat and traffic.  Our pizza had poblano peppers, fresh sausage, ricotta cheese, and cilantro and was WONDERFUL.  We ate every bite of it.
I thought their sign in the bathroom was amusing.
Cooking al fresco at Highlands last Saturday night:  a bag of ravioli and half a jar of homemade marinara both rescued from the freezer with a sliced bell pepper, all cooked up in a skillet and enjoyed in our lounge chairs outside.  And the next day I grilled!
Hubby has fixed this red chair for my mother a couple of times now.  She has a strong sentimental attachment to it, but I feel like she needs something more practical for her sewing room.  Hubby's office will be moving soon and there are a couple of chairs they are getting rid of that might work:
It will be at least a month until they are available, but I think they could work.  She really needs two of them and these match and are in good shape.  Plus, free is a good price!
 
I made a strawberry pie as this week's dessert - I got the recipe here.  I forgot that it used a graham crust and bought the flour kind to bake and cool.  It was worth heating up the oven for 20 minutes, though.  Might be my new favorite way to do strawberry pie!
(maybe I need to make more pie dough...)
One of my former co-workers, on vacation in Croatia (of all places) sent me this photo he took of a hotel named Gina.  I'm famous in Croatia!  Ha!



No comments: