Wednesday, August 14, 2019

One Pot Chili Mac

We had some delicious Chili Mac a couple of weeks ago - one of those nostalgic recipes I find in my little recipe box that I forget are so filling and good!
It isn't particularly healthy, but I need a break from our protein/veg combo every now and then.  Plus,  I used up some beef drippings to oomph up some stock I already had in the freezer, which made me feel thrifty!  (Normally I just use beef bouillon for the whole 3 cups of stock it calls for)

One Pot Chili Mac
1 pound lean hamburger meat
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
3 c. beef broth or stock
10 raw macaroni
1 packet chili seasoning mix
1 can pinto beans, drained
grated cheddar cheese



Brown the meat and drain it.  All all else except cheese and bring to a boil.  Cover and simmer 15-18 minutes.  Top with cheese to serve.
 
From this one pot of Chili Mac I made three plates for dinner with some spinach on the side, a container for Firstborn (he stopped by for a haircut), and a container for my lunch the next day.  I left off the cheese so everyone could top their individual plate. 
That was so good!



Shared with:

No comments: