Friday, October 26, 2018

Blue skies and planting ahead!

This week has been a booger with Austin's water problems, my still sore bicep and hurt index finger, a trip to the doctor for a well-woman and labs, and rain.  Plus, its been super busy at work.  But guess what we're gonna have all weekend?  SUN!!!  So, yesterday I stopped at a Home Depot near the hospital and discovered they have a very nice plant section.  Bopping around I found two choices for the front landscape shrubs:
This one is called Olive Martini Elaeagnus - a good choice because it will do well in full sun, needs little pruning, and will do well as a border or backdrop bush, which is what I need out there.  I've been seeing it in other yards and I love it!
This one is the dwarf version of Loropetalum - Purple Daydream.  Although I love the color and the leaves, I might need something a little taller for the area I am planting, although this one will get 2-3 feet tall.  And in its favor is the fact that it is both deer and drought resistant, and it can grow in either sun or shade.  
Hmmm...choices, choices



1 comment:

Rue said...

I really need to get over there and buy some trees and bushes, myself, before it's too late. Those bushes are really pretty. I have an issue with animals too, but mostly squirrels. The cute little bastards eat everything lol

xo,
rue