Wednesday, October 10, 2018

More progress

The landscaping clean-out on Friday went well - no rain!
I managed to aerate/trowel up both areas out front.  I pulled out some roots and little nubs of lariope that were hanging on, removed a bunch of rocks that had found their way in there, filled in all of the holes left by the shrubs.
and got it all empty and ready to plant.  Seeing it cleaned up makes me feel less overwhelmed about it. {those big rocks have to stay as there is a corner of the rain gutter that overflows  there}
Now I just need to buy the plants and put them in, but I am still deciding on exactly what to plant.  I may have to rearrange the salvia and lantana - both are hardy and tolerate being moved well.
 
Once that is done, I can powerwash the walkway and bricks.  Then when drier weather is truly here, we can paint the front door and clean up the hardware. {I'm thinking a dark charcoal now} Everything has greened up, but the lawn is still looking sad.  That will be the last thing I tackle out here...




No comments: