Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Freezer meals #19

My collection of freezer meals this go-round is mostly tried and true.  I bought the ingredients along with my regular food shopping after work on a Monday and got started assembling them on Tuesday morning.  This time around it took me about an hour to do - but I made a HUGE mess in the kitchen, as you will see...that required some KP afterwards.  Still, I'm pretty pleased with my efforts!
Step One is always getting organized - labeling bags, and setting all of the ingredients and recipes out.  Here we go!

Comfort Chicken - 2 pound boneless chicken thighs, 1 can cream of chicken soup, pinch dried thyme, 1 c water, 1 bouillon cube, 1/2 an onion chopped, 5 carrots peeled and sliced.  I will cook on low in the crockpot 7 hours and served with mashed potatoes.

BBQ Ribs - (this is actually a pork roast because I couldn't find the ribs!) I made a rub with brown sugar, garlic, paprika, cayenne, S&P and coated the roast.  Then added it to the bag with 1/2 c or so of spicy honey BBQ sauce.  Will cook on low in the crockpot probably 8 hours.

Ranch Pork Chops - 6 boneless pork chops with a mixture of homemade HVR dressing mix, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, and 1/2 c milk poured over.  I will cook 7 hours on low in the crockpot.


Shredded Korean Beef for tacos - this is sooo good!!

Taco Chili - 1 pound ground beef cooked and drained, 1 can drained corn, 1 medium chopped onion, 1 c black beans*, 8 oz. tomato sauce, 2 can diced tomatoes,  1 small can diced green chilies,  1 packet taco seasoning mix.  Cook on low 6 hours in the crockpot.

Mrs. Ringle's Brisket Chicken - Couldn't find brisket so I used up some chicken breasts I had!  I cut each one into thirds, coated them with dijon mustard, rolled them in onion soup mix, and placed in the ziploc.  Will cook on low in the crockpot about 6 hours, or in the oven at 375 for about 25 minutes.

Nashville Hot Chicken - we've had this one before and it was a big hit - we eat it on onion hamburger buns.

Buffalo Bites - I cubed a couple of very large chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces and coated them in a mixture of HVR and buffalo sauce.  I will cook them at 375 for about 20 minutes on a sheet pan and serve over quinoa bowls.  Easy peasey.

*I also got the crock going for black beans which I will use in the taco chili, as well as in taco salads and such.

 And here is the mess I made.  Sigh.  I had about 15 minutes to clean it up before I had to get dressed for work!  And believe it or not, when 15 minutes was up, the dishwasher had been unloaded, reloaded, and taco salads for dinner made.
 Boom, baby!  I promise I also took the overflowing trash out.
For all that work, it takes up so little room.  But that's a few meals to see us through the next 8 Mondays.  That's generally when I plop something in the crockpot so I don't have to shop for groceries until after work...
God Bless the working woman!!


Gina

No comments: