Monday, August 11, 2014

Mealplan Monday #123 and lunch in Brenham

Friday was a super hot day and I had a nice visit with my mother and Carol (a friend from college days!) in Brenham.  Mother and I spent the morning talking and looking at quilts and learning how to do fancy stitches on her new Bernina and feeding the chickens bread and petting Gus.  Time seemed to go by fast.
 At about 12:30 I met Carol for lunch at the Funky Art Cafe just a couple blocks away.
 It was a fun place full of ladies who lunch.
 We feasted on mahi mahi tacos and chicken salad and caught up and what our peeps are doing.
******
Monday - Baked Mexican Tilapia, squash, rice
Tuesday - Spagetti and Meatballs, salad
Wednesday - Chicken Lazone, masheds, fresh veggie
Thursday - Taco Salads
Friday - One Pot Tortellini in tomato cream sauce, broccoli
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Sloppy Joes, chips, carrot and celery sticks
Dessert will be ice cream - it's so hot I barely feel like cooking, but ice cream makes all of us feel better!
******
Next to the cafe there was a cute gift shop we wandered through.
(There were a couple of men lunching here, too...)
 Full of stuff that ladies who lunch like to look at.  Then we strolled up the downtown streets, ducking into cute gift and antique shops, pausing to admire a town garden and a cistern with historical plaques.

 Brenham is a cute little town and the downtown area is being revitalized.
 Which led us to Must Be Heaven, another place to try for lunch on another visit:
In all of time my mother has lived here, I have never been to the creamery.  
I've got to get better at taking photos (Not one decent pic of either Mother or Carol!) I even got a new point and shoot that takes better pics, I just need to play with it more.  And I want to visit Brenham again soon and take my mother out to lunch.
Can you believe how quickly summer has slipped by?




No comments: