Monday, August 4, 2014

Mealplan Monday #122 and cleaning up a bookcase

I read someone's blog post about moving things around in your home to get a fresh perspective.  That's a grand idea! I thought I would start out small by dusting the den bookcases and removing the VHS tapes.  Yes, that's right.  VHS.  Also, the cluttered collection of pottery my kids made with their tiny hands that I have trouble parting with...
 Some of the tapes have sentimental value.  The Girl came in while I was clearing it all out and nabbed The Lion King...they will go into the games closet and the rest will go to Half Price Books.  Also, I am considering dumping those National Geographics - last time I cleared them out, Bubbie stacked them in his room.  So, I put them back.  I wish he would read them and get it over with!
 The little figures at the top have great sentimental value to me, but i think it's time to put most of them up and keep the ones out that I really love.
 Like this guy.
******
Monday - Beef Stroganoff Crock Pot, noodles, green beans
Tuesday - Ranch Buffalo Chicken tacos, charro beans
Wednesday - Cashew Chicken and broccoli, lo mein noodles
Thursday - Scrambled eggs, Rotel Cheese Grits, sausages, biscuits
Friday - Apple and Sage Pork Chops, couscous, brussel sprouts
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Taco Chili Crock Pot, fritos
******
Making way for the tapes in the game closet meant moving some books out of there to open up storage space.  I placed books on alternating shelves, standing up some 
 and stacking others.  (Can you tell I like owls?)
  This shelf of weather geek doo dads makes me crazy.  But they have to stay.
I kept out the pinch pots to use for little faux plants.  Aren't they pretty?
It's a little cleaner, and looks more like a bookshelf, no?
And maybe I will add a plant or something to the top, too...






No comments: