Monday, May 26, 2014

Mealplan Monday #112 and Scout's school pics

When the Girl graduated from high school, I put together a collage of school pics as a keepsake for her.  She still hasn't taken it to live with her permanently - maybe she's holding onto us a teesny bit?  Who knows...
 I want to do one like it for all of them.  {note to self: Get Firstborn's done}  Last Friday I worked on the one for Scout.  My dining table was the scene for a trip down memory lane as the washer repair guy did his thing.
 I keep all of the "extras" from portrait packages, and always a wallet or two for myself, so it was easy to get a representative pic from all of his years in school.  
 And it was lovely to see how he has grown into a man.  Literally right in front of my eyes!
This project had me crying into my lunch.  Scout was, and is, the sweetest, most loving, dear child.  That face!  I could just eat him up.
******
Monday - Dad's off - maybe he will grill again?
Tuesday - Healthier Tater Tot Casserole
Wednesday - Whole wheat spaghetti with meatsauce, salad
Thursday - Bourbon Street Chicken, brown rice, carrots
Friday - Lazy Daisy Meatballs, peas, masheds (leftover, in freezer)
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Parmesan Garlic Chicken, rolls, salad
Dessert this week will be Lemon Ice Box Pie (Luby's recipe)
******
 Scout shares the middle slot with The Girl, so it hasn't been the typical middle child struggle for him.  He is easy-going, compliant, sweet and good-natured, never one to make a fuss, brag, or hurt others.  One of the nicest people you will ever meet.
 He's a laid back kinda guy that enjoys his down time - I would love for him to be a little bit more competitive and ambitious, but it just isn't his nature.  And after all, you have to be true to yourself and follow your own path.
I'm proud of the awesome young man he's becoming and I know that he loves us as much as we love and treasure him.




No comments: