Monday, November 19, 2012

Mealplan Monday #35 and my kitchen topiaries

Thanksgiving is this week!  I can't believe how quickly it has sneaked up...the BEST holiday of the year in my opinion  (:  The menu this week is rather simple, as a lot of prepping and cooking happens on Wednesday and Thursday.  And I have so much shopping to do...but I spent 10 minutes last week crafting something cute for the kitchen window seat:
Little potted pines!  I so love terra cotta pots and burlap  

Monday - Scalloped potatoes with ham, salad
Tuesday - Dr. Martin's Mix, hot bread
Wednesday - Mom's Birthday!  Mom and Dad out, boys get freezer pizza and a movie.
Thursday - Breakfast is cinnamon rolls, bacon, gingerbread cocoa
                    Lunch is Thanksgiving Meal
                    Dinner will be turkey sammies
Friday - Turkey Soup for dinner, smoked brisket with all the trimmings mid-day
Saturday - Dad grill?
Sunday - Spaghetti and Meatballs, salad

  
Oh! Here's how I made my little pots:
 
  I started with a cheapo "pine table tree" from Big Lots.
Got a medium sized terra cotta pot (new) - but if I had empty older ones I would have used them - I love the patina on old terra cotta...
Set a can of tomatoes inside to help my little tree stand taller!
Stuffed newspaper all around it to stabilize it and fill the space.
Added in some natural moss.
 
And tied a sprig of burlap ribbon on the top, which I had folded over to make it stubbier... 
I think I will add the garland above this window and keep it simple on decor in here.  Whatcha think?  Gotten bit by the holiday decor bug yet?





Shared with:


2 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love your new little pots Gina! And the 'LOVE' pic of the kids! Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Angie xo

Marie said...

You make everything so special with all the little details...your family is so lucky to have such a fabulous mom xo