Monday, April 2, 2012

Mealplan Monday #2 with a recipe for Jamaican Rice and Beans

This week, we're having easy dinners so I can budget a very nice Easter dinner for my peeps!  
Totally worth it, I say  (:
******
Monday - Spagetti for Mom, Firstborn, and Bubbie, salad
Tuesday - Kraft Fresh Takes chicken (I got a coupon for a free package so I am looking forward to trying it), skillet potatoes, and mixed veggies
Wednesday - Jamaican Rice and Beans*, sauteed squash
Thursday - Rosemary's Green Pepper Stew (from the I Hate To Cook Book), corn muffins
Friday - Tilapia Tacos, pico de gallo, shredded cabbage, sour cream and monterey jack cheese, chili beans
Saturday - Dad Grill  (every week its different - maybe chicken this week)
Sunday - Roast Pork, Green Bean Casserole, mashed potatoes with gravy, oven carrots, deviled eggs, rolls.  For dessert I'm making strawberry cake balls and trying my hand at these marshmallows, and maybe a coconut pie.  We'll also have a nice cabernet and tea.  A BIG dinner, I know, but I want to have enough leftovers to send with The Girl back to her college apartment.

*This is a recipe I got out of a magazine - it involves spiffing up a boxed red beans and rice mix with a can of diced tomatoes, and some diced leftover roast.  So good!
******
Monday is an Honor Scout dinner at our house - Hubby will grill steaks for 6 boys.  So three of us will have an easy meal.  Since Monday is when I do housework, I'll be pooped anyway - so that's fine by me. On Sunday I get to go to church and spend the day with family - which is the thing I am looking forward to the most!  All six of us need the shot in the arm of spending a day together, enjoying each other's company, and having a good meal.
Now, to get shopping...



3 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Gina,

Wishing you and your family a happy and restful Easter.
<3

Carol said...

Love the idea of still having some convenience foods in your menu plan - I just don't think about it - I'm changing up my menu plan again - ha!ha! to make room for a family Easter dinner! Oh well, as I say flexibility!
Thanks for coming by my blog earlier and leaving the sweet comments - I'm your newest follower!
Hugs-
Carol @areyouthereyet

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Yum! This post made me hungry! Your Easter dinner sounds so good! Leftovers from Mom are always the best..I still miss my mom's leftovers..she lives 3000 miles away! :( Angie xo