Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Coffee fueled organization

One of my new habits for 2012 includes 86ing the creamer in my coffee.  Which for some strange reason, makes me want more coffee.  And when I have more than one cup of coffee, I become like the Tazzy Devil, cleaning and organizing.  Which is not a bad thing.  Take for instance what I was able to do with a trip to Wally world and a couple of hours:
 
 Swapped out the old and grungy cutting board with three new ones in different sizes.
 Cleaned out the knife drawer and got rid of the old dull, rusty knives...
 
 ...and put a knife block with new ones on the counter, handy to my prep area.
Bought some new kitchen cloths, putting the old ones out for car washing - also bought some pillow covers for the boy's rooms - I was washing bed linens at the same time...
This is most beautiful drawer in the house - dish cloths and towels,  and pot holders.  
No more stained and nasty cleaning cloths!
I didn't say I didn't make a big mess while all that was going on...I did.  
 
 
After that, there was no stopping me.  I went through all of the cabinets and cleared out stuff we could stand to get rid of, wiping down and organizing as I went.  It felt good to take a bag of stuff out to the Goodwill pile and the kitchen was clean and shiny. 



Shared with:


No comments: