Monday, January 30, 2012

Mom's new habits...

Along with the resolution list I have been diligently trying to follow I made me a reminder card for my desk:
And I've been doing very well with it, if I do say so!  That large tumbler of water has become a habit now - I fill it up at the start of the day and sits out on my kitchen island, as a reminder.  Whenever I walk past it, I drink from it.  I have also remembered to take my vitamin and calcium tabs daily - something I haven't been able or willing, to do in years.  I haven't done these things since the holidays:
*Cook with butter
*Eat bacon
*Drink a soda
*Have creamer in my coffee
*Eaten fast food

I'm not chastising myself if I have something from the naughty list: candy, creamer, etc.  I find my cravings for those things are very weak now, anyway, so I can easily do without them.  I am still working on the walking effort.  It just is the last thing that appeals to me during the day.

This picture makes me cringe a little.  Wrinkled pants and muffin top is not my best look.  I have hung those jeans I want to fit into in a prominent spot and I could zip them last week.  Hooray!  I have lost 3.7 pounds and I feel so much better than I did a month ago, but I still feel I have so far to go... I know that my steps toward my goal are baby steps, and I'm OK with that.  
Slow and steady wins the race.




No comments: