Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF?

It's the mark of a yucky week that I would welcome going to work on Saturday morning. Especially since I know I will be spending 24 hours in the ER with every coughing, spitting, screaming, crying child in Austin who either has, or is suspected of having, the flu. And not just the seasonal flu, against which I have already been immunized. The swine flu is the most prevalent at the hospital right now. That, and cold, strep, pneumonia...all manner of nasty organisms which will be winging it my way. The relief of not being at my house while it is raining cats and dogs all weekend, watching Firstborn lay on my couch playing PSP, or hearing the younger boys fight over a GameBoy game, complaining they are bored and hungry (always!) or or having The Girl appear briefly only to tell us she is leaving again in a few minutes - "why are you asking - am I not allowed to work?", etc., etc.....
 Rustown Art

I love my family. But I am grateful I have a job to go to. It gives me renewed perspective so I can start all over again on Monday...



No comments: