Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Still loving it

It's Valentine's Day - already??!! While January last foreverrrr and a day, February is zooming by.  I have a roast in the crock pot, a salad in the fridge, and potatoes simmering on the stove for mashed potatoes.  And I'm slowly getting my spring cleaning going, because I usually start that in January, not February!  I feel like I talk about my closet a lot, but that's because its so great to use now that it isn't Hubby's office space/ham shack.  It took years to be able to reclaim it, and every so often I do another clean sweep of it to see what I can get away with getting rid of...this past Saturday I just did some basic cleaning in there.
 I pulled out some seasonal scrubs to store - found this container in the garage, empty, and put it to good use!  Since it's pretty full, I guess that means I need to stop buying scrubs. 
I found another small container that matches the one I have Hubby's gloves and scarves in, and I made one for me, too. (But wouldn't you know it, I had to pull it down and grab some gloves out of it this week because we got a COLD snap!)
 It felt good to switch out winter for early spring, too.  I stored all of my flannel and corduroy  (I am OVER it).  Gave it a good vacuuming, replaced the oil air freshener...I even moved an old desk drawer of crap out to the garage - why was that still there?  No clue.
I made sure Hubby had what he needed for work clothes for the week, too.  Now if I could get him to part with about half of the junk that fills the shelves above his hanging stuff...a work in progress, I guess.  But I sure love to see our closet is still working as a closet only!  Now, on to the next project.
Happy Valentine's Day!




1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

I started out the year organizing things, and then slacked off. Time to get back to it. Spring will be here soon enough.