Monday, April 10, 2017

What the week holds and flowers in my kitchen

On my Friday post I showed a pic of these clean and pretty canning jars all lined up and ready for some blooms. 
 Well, I moseyed over to Trader Joe's and bought daffodils and irises, and HEB to get button mums.
 And all was well.
Until a day or two after I took these pics and the daffodils just straight up died.  I can't think of a reason that would have happened - I had great success with them in the past.  So, yeah.  A waste of $3.  They never even opened.
However, the irises got bizz-eee...here is what they looked like just a couple of days after I put them in the window:
Irises remind me of my childhood home in Lubbock.  We had them growing in our flower beds both in front and back yards.  I love them so much that they were also in my wedding bouquet.  This exact color!
 And you can't beat button mums for staying power.  As of Sunday night, they are still going strong!  Maybe when I go grocery shopping tomorrow, I will grab another $4 bunch of something from HEB.
It was a pretty little tableau, even with the daffodil issues!  This week is a booger - I am on call Monday and Tuesday, Hubby has his eye surgery on Tuesday morning and a follow up appointment that I get him to on Wednesday. {so please send good vibes out that I will not get called in on Tuesday evening} Thursday I have a lunch meeting from 12-1:30, then Hubby and I are headed out to Highlands for some R&R.  We plan on stopping to eat dinner, then enjoying wine and a campfire, listening to the coyotes!  Whooooo....and hopefully I will get to see our hill covered in bluebonnets before they are all gone!  The Girl comes in on Friday and we will likely have a family dinner at home, hanging out and relaxing.  Then I work all weekend so Easter duties will fall on my peeps and we will all eat at 8 p.m. on Sunday.  I have a list of To Do's to work on, too.  
It's gonna go by in a blur!  
What does your week look like?


1 comment:

The Happy Whisk said...

Love, love, love, the yellow. Love it.