Friday, June 17, 2016

A "fast week of summer" recap - bits and pieces

My new books came and I read a lot this week!
This has been one of those weeks in the summer that seems to fly by.  You know the kind, right?  You start off thinking of all the things you need and want to do on your days off, and for the most part you get them done.  But staying busy makes the time fly, of course...I had two full days off this week, so I loaded them up with chores and shopping, dog watching, reading,cooking...And since I also got a few hours of overtime in there, I'm not unhappy with feeling tired this afternoon.  but hence, the late posting.
I cleaned up the patio area enough for us to start using the clothesline and Bubbie got started with his laundry right away!  Even though there is still a lot to do out there (replace fence, repair or replace deck, add patio, work on landscaping..), it's nice to have this one thing done so that we can harness the power of the heat on the patio to dry clothes.  The heat index was 107 yesterday, and keeping the inside of the house cool is priority #1.  So this was worth aggravating my tennis elbow over and hopefully with ice and Aleve I can make it through the weekend!
Teddy has been enjoying laying on the cool tiles - in fact, he has pretty much been a fixture at my feet the whole week.  Wherever I am, he goes - just like Sugar used to do.  I don't know if it's because I smell and sound like The Girl or what.  She will be home later today and I know he will be thrilled!
It was supposed to be a Happy Hour week for Hubby and I but since we have Teddy and The Girl here, we decided to stay close to home.  One the places I want to try has an awesome steak and shot of whiskey special.  I thought:  I could do that.  But my version included pan fried potato slices, buttery mushrooms, asparagus, and Flor De Cana rum with limeaid.  It was a fabulous dinner and I enjoyed every last wonderful bite.  Hopefully we can fix something as wonderful on Sunday for Father's Day.  Tonight The Girl will have Enchilada Chicken with us, then it's off to bed for me.  Tomorrow starts my regular working week, and I am already ready to hit the sack!
Happy Weekend and Have a great Father's Day Sunday!



1 comment:

bj said...

Oh, my...been a looong time since I hung clothes outside...how nice that you can do this...
Yes, it was 103 here yesterday and I stripped all the beds down to just sheet sets...a little lightweight blanket and it feels sooo good to not have heavy covers .....
Yes, indeed...call those friends of yours and ya'll go paint..xo