Friday, March 18, 2016

5 thing Friday - Brenham, humor, heels, Spring, lists

 Reflections more than anything, really...
 I've been making good on my resolution to visit my mother more often.
 I take her to do shopping errands, do smallish projects and cleaning around her house.  In exchange she gives me eggs and spends one-on-one time with me, which is something I never had growing up.  So all of that is good.
Brenham is a nice little town - probably the perfect spot for her, but I know there will come a day when she needs to think about being closer to one of us.  She has no family closer than and hour and a half away.
 
 Using up little pieces of aida cloth...
 
with snarky humor.
I am making peace with the limitations of my knee, but I refuse to give up feeling pretty.  Sensible flats don't do it for me.  Long live wedges!  On a recent rainy day, I braved wet ramps and sidewalks to wear heels to a Happy Hour at Roaring Fork.  Go, mom!
Spring is here!
This week I have given the To Do lists a break.  They can get out of control.  There are times that I feel they take away from the joy of unplanned time.  And that's where I find creativity.  So, if I don't get everything done, there's always next week...




No comments: