Friday, April 4, 2014

Freezer meals #7

Another collection of meals for my freezer - it sure is nice not to have to worry about what to cook Sunday through Tuesday.  Yes, there is the occasional ordering out on a Tuesday here and there...sometimes I'm even too tired from work to fix a side dish, you know?  Here's the collection:
Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers, adapted from a crock pot recipe from here.  I think I will do these in the oven and include some marinara on top.  
The filling has a combo of Italian Sausage and ground beef - a little different from the original recipe. And they have a secret ingredient that I think will work out great! 
Honey Pork Chops - Mix 1/2 c. honey, 1/4 c. cider vinegar, 1/4 t. ground ginger, 1 mashed glove garlic, and 2 T soy sauce as a marinade for 5 thick cut pork chops to grill.

Crock Pot Apricot Chicken - I poured this sauce over boneless, skinless chicken thighs: 1 c. apricot preserves, 1 envelope onion soup mix, 1 c. Catalina dressing.  I will cook on low 6-8 hours from frozen.

Honey Garlic Chicken - I poured this sauce over boneless, skinless chicken thighs: 5 cloves chopped garlic, 1 t. oregano, 3/4 c. soy sauce, 1/4 c. ketchup, 1/2 c. spicy honey BBQ sauce, 1/3 c. honey, S & P.  I will cook from frozen for 6-8 hours.

Spinach and Salsa Chicken - In a gallon zip loc, mix 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs with 2 c. salsa (I made fresh), 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained, 2 T California Style lemon pepper. I will cook on low, from frozen 6-8 hours.

Mediterranean Pork Chops - These are soooo good!

Crock Pot Pear, Apple, and Pork - 2 sliced apples, 2 sliced pears, 3# cubed pork, 1 sliced onion, 3/4 c. brown sugar, 1 c. apple juice, 1/4 c. cider vinegar, 3 T mustard, S & P. (This is a recipe I adjusted; find the original here.  I didn't peel the apples or pears and I used thick cut rib eye pork chops cause I got a deal on 'em.  I also probably won't add the extra water.)  I will cook on low 6-8 hours from frozen.
And by the by, this is the handy dandy trick I use to fill up the bags as I go - put it in a large bowl so you can just keep adding ingredients without spillage.  Another good thing to do is to empty out the dishwasher so you can load it as you go, and wipe the counters down with a 10% bleach water solution when you are done preparing all that raw meat.
OK, last thing I made was:
Disney's Baked Ravioli from Plain Chicken.  The sauce was a little labor intensive, so I'm glad I made it in advance to freeze.  I will thaw it to proceed with the recipe.  it smelled great, and it's about the closest I'll get to going to Disney.
Eight meals didn't take up all of the real estate in our skinny freezer, so that was good.  I also put a couple of cheater meals in here - frozen Stouffer's dinners I had a coupon for.  Now to put my feet up and rest before another busy weekend!






No comments: