Monday, August 5, 2013

Mealplan Monday #70 and some paintin' goin' on

This week the main project I want to get accomplished is re-finishing this dresser that once belonged to Firstborn.  For whatever reason, he didn't want to take it with him.  But it's solid wood and I see a lot of storage potential for my sewing supplies.
There were a lot of scuffs on it.  I bought it as a set several years ago and painted it a glossy black.  I think I paid around $160 for a dresser, nightstand, bookcase headboard, and desk at Salvation Army. We never used the headboard, so it's being used in the garage.
I like that the drawers have no hardware to fool with.  I plan on painting it a pretty color and putting it in the new spare bedroom.  I need something that will compliment with grey blue walls - dark grey, coral, fern green, navy blue, cream...so many choices.
I sanded the shine off all of it and wiped them down to dry on the back patio.  No problem since it's a billion degrees outside.  I estimate I spent about two hours on this part.  I think maybe the prep is the most important part of a project like this, and the least enjoyable...
******
Monday -Mediterranean Pork Chops*, mashed potatoes, lima beans
Tuesday - Halibut with Tarragon Lemon breadcrumbs, HEB Jardin rice, salad
Wednesday - Freezer Meal - Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Crock Pot
Thursday - Beef tips with Fire-roasted Tomato sauce over rice, corn
Friday - Pot of pinto beans with leftover Mexican pork for tacos
Saturday - Dad grills Mexican chicken and assorted veggies, pineapple salsa with chips
Sunday - Pulled Pork Crock Pot sammies, chips
Dessert this week is leftover Father's Day lemon bundt cake (from the freezer) with Cool-Whip

Mediterranean Pork Chops
1/8 c. olive oil
1 c. chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 T paprika
1 T poultry seasoning
1 t dried oregano
1 t. dried basil
6 thick pork chops
S&P
Place all items in giant zip loc bag and freeze.  Plop into crock pot on low 6-8 hours. (I never thaw since my crock pot cooks on turbo!)  Serve with rice or potatoes, and a green veggie or salad.
******
Primed and ready to paint.  I am going to move it into the the air conditioning to paint since there will be less humidity and bugs.  Care to guess the color I finally went with?




No comments: