Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Faux pas birthday cake?

I got this recipe from Pioneer Woman for a rum cake - looked less complicated than the one my mother always made, so I thought I would give it a whirl for Bubbie's birthday.  The only thing I did differently was to use Captain Morgan spiced rum...yum!
 Basic cake mix, spiked with rum, with vanilla pudding for extra moistness
 It has pecans and a sweet rummy glaze, too.  Of course, this made the teenagers act the fool, thinking they're getting away with something by actually getting some alkeeyhol.  My daughter informed me that perhaps I had gotten Bubbie's age of 12 confused with Firstborn's of 21...har dee har.
 
I served it with Redi-whip and everyone agreed it was delish! 
And Bubbie was too into his new mp3 player to get too excited about the rum, anyhow.  Yes, that is a single candle in the center of the plate that plays the birthday song. I will do better on this next year - promise!



Happy Birthday to the best stocking stuffer I ever got!





Shared with:



1 comment:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I've actually never had rum cake before. Looks good though!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites last week!