Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Candy Making

My sister came over for lunch and an impromptu candy-making session!
Here she is showing me how to make my favorite Christmas treat: marshmallow-caramel-rice-krispy- thingamajigs! I don't think they have a real name...
You roll the frozen marshamallows in melted caramel sweetened condensed milk and butter goo, then roll them in rice krispies.  Yes, highly technical, I know.  And very, very, messy!
 She also made this peanut butter confection with Golden Grahams cereal. YUM.
They are chewy, crunch, peanut buttery and so good!  I think it had melted peanut butter chips, peanut butter, butter, and corn syrup.  Not a diet food, obviously!
These are so good with a cup of coffee.  She left us quite a few to munch on over the next few days.  A nice treat on a rainy and cold Christmas Eve.  
Merry Christmas, everyone!
 I hope your weekend will be filled with family, good food, and good times (:



1 comment:

Marie said...

Merry Christmas to you Gina <3
Warm wishes for much love, joy and peace.

p.s. you always have the best food and goodies
on your blog! : )